Have you noticed suspicious mud piles around the timbers on your wendy house or patio? Are you feeling a spring in your step while walking on your wooden floors? If you have answered yes to the following, the chances are you may have a Termite Infestation. Here in Olievenhoutbosch, Termites as well as other Wood Destroying Organisms are quick to infest and jeopardize structural timbers. As a result, Pretoria Pest Control has a fast and effective team of specialists that are geared to handle Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch.
Termites come in all shapes and sizes. Given a half a chance, they have the ability to infest and digest timbers uninvited and unannounced. The only way around these pesky critters is a call to your local professionals. Having a Termite treatment, soil poisoning or wood preservation treatment may be your only option when it comes to a successful control strategy. With Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch you can rest assured your prized investment is in good hands.
An out of control Termite infestation can lead to damaged structural timbers. The result of a Termite Infestation in Olievenhoutbosch can be devastating financially as well as emotionally. Its best to have it seen to sooner rather than later.
About Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch and what its all about
Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch is a specialist Fumigation service that handles Dry Wood, Harvester as well as Subterranean Termites commonly found in Olievenhoutbosch. Once a Termite Infestation has been diagnosed either a soil poisoning, timber preserving or Termite Fumigation can be carried out. Throughout Olievenhoutbosch as well as Gauteng Termite Infestations have been left to run a mock. Pre-construction soil poisoning has a shelf life and it inevitably runs out. As a result of this, species such as Subterranean Termites burrow into the soil under your home and infest the timbers often resulting in extensive damages.
Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch can prevent this from happening. Our seasoned staff use advanced chemical technology to fortify soil as well as foundations killing Termite colonies and keeping them away for longer. Our standard soil poisoning procedure carried a 10 year quality guarantee. That means your safe from Termites for at least 10 years.
Termites in Olievenhoutbosch
Here in Olievenhoutbosch there are three main species of Termite that plague, homes, structures as well as businesses. These are namely Subterranean Termites, Dry Wood Termites and Harvester Termites. Although many are not as prevalent as others its always a good idea to keep an eye out for potential problems that may arise from a Termite Infestation. Here are the 3 common species of Termite found here in Olievenhoutbosch and the potential threat they cause around homes and businesses.
Subterranean Termites Termites in Olievenhoutbosch:
Subterranean Termites are undoubtedly the most common species of Termite found in Olievenhoutbosch. Also known as “White Ants” Subterranean Termites are not Ants and a miss-diagnosis could end up costing a wad of cash in repairs. Also known as Super Termites the Subterranean Termite has the ability to crumble your home in no time at all.
- Subterranean Termites soldiers as well as workers are cream colored with large mandibles used for destroying wood. They have 6 legs and are wingless.
- Subterranean Termites forage through tunnels made from mud. They pack mud around their potential food source. Finding suspect mud tunnels is a sure fire way of diagnosing a Termite Infestation.
- Recent studies have proved that that many Subterranean Termites are descendants of Cockroaches. This explains their ability to adapt and overcome.
- Nests can usually be found deep under ground with older more established colonies being the exception. Older colonies can be slightly raised ground given the right humidity within the soil.
Dry-wood Termites in Olievenhoutbosch:
Fortunately Dry-wood Termites are less invasive as well as less serious than their cousins here in Olievenhoutbosch. Dry-wood Termites can often be found in older houses with untreated timber. They tend to congregate in roof spaces and are one of few species that live withing the wood they feed on rather than in tunnels.
- Dry-wood Termites are slightly larger than Subterranean species. To the untrained eye they appear identical. Their larger pronotum as well as darker color distinguishes them from other species.
- Dry-wood Termites can be found living in old and dry wood. As opposed to living in damp dark mud tunnels, the Dry-wood Termite is one of few species that live entirely in and on the wood.
- Dry-wood Termites nearly always give their position away by a clicking sound they make wile inside the wood. Listen carefully, you may have a Dry-wood Termite infestation.
- Droppings are about 1mm in length and six sided. They commonly have a salt and pepper look to them depending on the wood being digested.
Harvester Termites in Olievenhoutbosch:
Harvester Termites are the least common here in Olievenhoutbosch. Fortunately they also do the least damage, unless you’re a pile of wood. Harvester Termites are known for destroying lawns as well as vegetable and flower patches. They feed of the starches on plant mater. Horse stables and other animal feed stores commonly come under fire from a Harvester Termite Infestation in Olievenhoutbosch.
- Harvester Termites can be distinguished by the serrated edge on their mandibles as well as their functional compound eyed.
- These nuisances can be seen foraging for food at night while pigmented soldiers wonder around outside their nest during the day. Harvester Termite tunnels appear as small piles on sand among your lawn.
- Although harmless unless you’re a plant, a Harvester Termite Infestation can cost you some serious landscaping bills. Fortunately Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch can safely eliminate Harvester Termite colonies without poisoning your soil or jeopardizing the health of your plants.
Prevention by means of Soil Poisoning in Olievenhoutbosch
Although Soil poisoning isn’t always necessary. Its a good step in the right direction. Given the current Termite epidemic here in Olievenhoutbosch is always advised to have your soil treated to prevent a termite infestation in the first place: Here are some ways we can help make sure your home is safe from Termites.
- Drill and inject Termite treatments: This invasive procedure is usually necessary then you have a termite infestation in cavity walls as well as under a buildings foundation. Drilling holes in your foundation and walls allows us to administer a potent residual termiticide. This product clings to sand, soil or substrate killing any invertebrate pests on contact.
- Pre-construction soil poisoning: This in law in Olievenhoutbosch and surrounding towns in Gauteng. This procedure involves digging trenches around your property and creating an impenetrable chemical barrier that stops termites from infesting your building.
- Termite baiting: Baiting is a newer concept in the Pest Control World. Termite bait taps placed strategically can prevent as well as treat a Termite Infestation as long as the traps are maintained.
Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch can eliminate any level of Termite Infestation in Olievenhoutbosch
Termite Control Olievenhoutbosch is a specialist procedure that is best to left up to the seasoned professionals. If you suspect you may have a Termite infestation in or surrounding Olievenhoutbosch please give us a call for a free quotation. Have the piece of mind knowing a Termite expert has inspected and treated your property against any and all Termite species.
Pretoria Pest Control are your local professionals that deal with anything Pest Control related. Give us a call any time of day or night. Our staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for free quotes and advice.