Have you ever woken up just to find a Scorpion in your shoe or bathrobe? Scorpions can be a menace and some are even dangerous. Scorpion Control Pretoria are the experts in Scorpion elimination. Pretoria Pest Control have put this specialist team together to tackle any and all issues you may be facing with Crawling Insects. Regardless weather they are Ants, Centipedes of forbid, Scorpions. We are here to ensure your home or workplace is free of creepy crawlies.
Scorpion here in Pretoria come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Some live in trees and are avid climbers while others burrow holes and live under rocks or logs. Not all Scorpions may be dangerous but a sting from one of them may be painful and need potential medical attention.
This is where Scorpion Control Pretoria comes into effect. With years of experience in the field we know the best method to treat Scorpion infestations. And in some cases just a treatment is not enough, with our Scorpion Control treatment you have an expert analysis as to the level of infestation, the potential cause of an infestation and a product that yields long term results. Whats more is, our treatments are truly Eco-friendly as we always use the least toxic but effective product first.
Common Scorpions in Pretoria
In some areas of Pretoria, Scorpions may be rare. But for those rural areas where they are most likely to surface, you can get a preventative treatment. Our long lasting barrier level of protection is UV as well as rain resistant. Keeping Scorpions away from your home for up to 6 months! Out team of Scorpion Control Pretoria experts and friends at Scorpions Alive have put together the following list for our clients, this shows the more common species found here in Pretoria. Where you are most likely to find them as well as that sort of areas they inhabit.
Parabuthus – Most dangerous Scorpion species treated by Scorpion Control Pretoria
The Parabuthus Scorpion frequents dry sandy areas of Pretoria and are commonly found under wendy’s, building rubble and under wooden flooring. A sting of one of these are potent, painful and most certainly need medial attention. A broad characteristic of these Scorpions are a very thick and heavy set tail with much smaller pincers.
- The Parabuthus family of Scorpions are the most dangerous of the lot.
- Adults range in size between 5cm – 18cm and vary greatly in color.
- These family of scorpions have about 20 species in all but only one being nocturnal, meaning they are night dwelling.
- The Parabuthus species of Scorpion are ground dwelling and live mostly in shallow burrows, they are highly aggressive and venomous.
Uroplectes – Small aggressive Scorpion with a nasty sting also found by Scorpion Control Pretoria
The Uroplectes Scorpion is very widely found throughout Pretoria, this species can thrive in a multitude of conditions ranging from a tropical climate to a warm dry dessert climate. They frequent all manors of homes and workplaces therefore its always advisable to have a garden free of clutter to prevent an infestation.
- There are about 19 species of Uroplectes Scorpions currently known in South Africa. These are a smaller species with a very painful yet not fatal sting.
- This is a very colorful species where white, yellow, brown, orange or black are not uncommon.
- These tiny Arachnids are fast moving and are likely to sting multiple times making a sting or 3 even more unpleasant.
Cheloctonus – Very common docile Scorpion as reported by Scorpion Control Pretoria
The Cheloctonus genus of Scorpion is more common under plant pots than wondering into the homes of unsuspecting residents here in Pretoria. Although less aggressive then the others mentioned on this list a sting is painful, with localized swelling, nausea and a slight head ache.
- The Cheloctonus Scorpion is of medium size and not much to look at.
- Colors range from black to darker shades of brown. Their are about 5 species in South Africa of which grow an average of 10cm long.
- The male of this species is characterized by having a finger at the bottom of their pincers.
Let our Scorpion Control Pretoria team of experts take care of your infestation.
If you reside within the general Pretoria area and wish to find out more about what our Scorpion Control Pretoria treatment involves, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Let our Scorpion Control team of experts take care of your Scorpion infestation any time of day or night. An effortless treatment with a guaranteed outcome is just a call away. Allow our knowledgeable and friendly staff to guide you every step of the process.
Contact us for a free no obligation quotation and ensure your Pretoria home of free from Crawling Insects such as Scorpion. This treatment is part of other professional Pest Management solutions by Pretoria Pest Control.